VOLUNTEERING WITH COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTER
Why volunteer at Community Health Center?
The Community Health Center is dedicated to providing quality, affordable health care services in a timely manner. Our volunteers support and work with staff to promote the health of low-income, working uninsured and other vulnerable children and adults in Jackson County, Oregon. As a volunteer at Community Health Center, you are a part of this mission. CHC is committed to providing services and events for the continual growth, education, and support of our volunteers throughout the year.
- How do I begin?
To join the volunteer program at Community Health Center, stop by one of our three clinic locations and pick up an application form or print one from this website. It is also possible to receive information through the mail by emailing Ginger Kentzell, Director of Human Resources,at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Before you start volunteering at your position you will need to:
- Fill out an application form, return to one of our clinic sites or mail to
- 8385 Division Rd, White City, OR 97503
- Take a TB Test and Hepatitis B immunization or provide current records, if position involves working directly with clients. CHC provides these tests free of charge as needed.
- Orientation-Attendance at a half-day orientation, scheduled quarterly, is required before you can begin volunteering. Orientation will provide you with important information about Community Health Center and prepare you for your term of service with us. This will also be a great way to meet fellow volunteers and become familiar with the diversity of volunteer service and programs within Community Health Center.
- Reference Checks-Please provide CHC with 2 references on your application that you feel can speak to your abilities and integrity.
- Background Checks will be done on all volunteers working with clients-You will need to provide social security number and date of birth.