Partners, Friends and Volunteers
Community Health Center is supported by a network of partnerships between patients, local governments, United Way, physicians, hospitals, foundations, corporations, civic and faith organizations and YOU!
- Community Health Center work in partnership with their patients. Community Health Center is a not-for-profit health clinic made possible by the patients who use the clinic and by concerned community members who believe health care should be available to all people. We are not a free clinic but we will partner with our patients by accepting small monthly payments and will work with them to arrange a payment plan they can afford.
- VOLPACT Physician Partners
- 181+ physicians who practice in specialty areas have agreed to accept Community Health Center's referrals through the Jackson County Medical Society's VOLPACT program. When necessary, VOLPACT patients receive in-kind services from the community's three hospitals.
- Physician Partners
- John Forsyth, M.D., provides specialty clinics in internal medicine at Community Health Center, at the rate of four hours per month, and has done so since 1999. Dr. Forsyth also is the president of the Board of Directors.
- Edward Clark Cullen, MD volunteers as an Internal Medicine physician once a month in Ashland.
- Patrick Gillette, MD volunteers as an Internal Medicine physician once a month in Medford.
- Hayden Glatte, MD volunteers as an Internal Medicine physician doing endocrinology consults once a month in Medford.
- James Hansen, MD volunteers as a Family Practice physician in White City once a month.
- Jan Meyer, PNP volunteers as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner once a week in Medford.
- Lee Murdoch, MD volunteers as a Pediatrician twice a month in White City.
- Paul Schultz, M.D. is available on a monthly basis to provide specialty clinics in ophthalmology.
- Richard Schaefer, MD volunteers as an Internal Medicine physician twice a month in Medford.
- Darcie Sternenberg, MD volunteers as a Nephrologist twice a month in Medford.
- Bruce VanZee, MD volunteers as an Internal Medicine physician twice a month in Medford.
- ~Local Hospitals/Medical Groups
- Ashland Community Hospital contributes, on an annual basis, to the direct operating support of Community Health Center's Ashland office. In addition, the Ashland Community Hospital Foundation contributes in a significant way to the Ashland Capital Campaign, which established a new primary health care facility in Ashland.
- Providence Medford Medical Center provides in-kind services consisting of diagnostic radiological studies, at no cost to either Community Health Center or its patients.
- Medford Radiological Group, P.C., provides-no-cost interpretation for those diagnostic radiological studies completed at Providence Medford Medical Center.
- Rogue Valley Medical Center provides in-kind services consisting of complex diagnostic medical laboratory services, at no cost to either Community Health Center or its patients.
- OB/GYN Health Center, P.C., provides support services to Community Health Center's perinatal care programs in White City, pursuant to a contractual relationship.
- "The vision of The United Way of Jackson County strives to be recognized as the community leader for stable human services funding; a facilitator and advocate for non-profit human service organizations; a leader in defining and addressing community needs; and a vigilant steward of donated funds."
FPEP - Family Planning Enhancement Program
The FPEP program is to increase access to family planning services and reduce unintended pregnancies in Oregon. FPEP program services, for eligible patients, include: (Free services for eligible patients)
Pregnancy Test Visit
Pap Smear Visit
Infection Disease Visit
Contraceptive Management/Counseling Contraceptive Supplies
- BCCP - Breast & Cervical Cancer Program
- The BCC Program is a screening program for early detection of breast and cervical cancer and provides qualifying women with free Women's Health Check. The program was implemented in Jackson County.
For more information on the FPEP or BCCP Programs please call Community Health Center at:
- Health Care Coalition of Southern Oregon (HCCSO)
- Community Health Center, Medford, Ashland and White City Oregon
- Douglas County Health and Social Services, Roseburg, Oregon
- Jackson County Health and Human Services, Medford, Oregon
- Josephine County Health Department, Grants Pass, Oregon
- La Clinica Del Valle, Phoenix, Oregon
- Siskiyou Community Health Center, Cave Junction, Oregon
- Umpqua Community Heath Center, Roseburg, Oregon
- Civic and Church Groups